This isn’t really a movie review, but you can probably see I got something out of it and I think you should definitely check it out. It was one of those things.. I’m watching it and then I heard a line, cleaned my ear out and was like, “say what?!”
That sh*t was real!
The movie is People Like Us starring Chris Pine, Michelle Pfeiffer, Olivia Wilde, Elizabeth Banks and Jon Favreau. The cast should be enough for you all to watch it 😉 Real quick, the movie is about Chris Pine’s return home after his father dies and he finds out about a sister he never knew he had. Craziness ensues.
Seriously though: great talent, deep film, legit life lessons.
The following are 6 quotes from the movie that made an impact on me and I hope they will for all of you. I don’t want to add my own comments because I think they speak loudly on their own. Instead, I hope it sparks a discussion between us and between you and whoever friend/coworker/spouse, etc.
1) If you like something because you think other people will, it’s a sure bet that nobody will.
2) Most doors in the world are closed so if you find one that you want to get into, you sure as hell better have an interesting knock.
3) Everything that you think is important isn’t, and everything that you think isn’t important, is.
4) Don’t shit where you eat.
5) Lean into it, outcome doesn’t matter, be there for it.
6) Never sleep with someone who has more problems than you.
#NuffSaid Share this post on FB, Twitter, Pinterest. COMMENT. Let me know what YOU think!
Previous Posts related to Movies: