Happy Halloween Kids!
I’ve had two tracks of conversation with people this year: Costumes (what to wear/what not to wear/most popular/overdone) and Wanting to Look Good (hot, healthy, wish I had MadeFitnessFun the past month.)
Whether you went out last night or you’re partying this weekend hear are some of Kj’S Thoughts on Halloween:
Costumes: I know a lot of people who plan on doing the typical/boring/lame sexy cop/princess/racecar driver (really?!) thing
C’mon people let’s try for some creativity – you can be anyone you want to be! Insert last year’s blog post: HOLLAween
And, please, don’t dress as Miley. Be creative. Be classy. I’m sorry, I’m not sorry.
On Wanting to Look Good: Now this we can talk about. 50% of looking good is feeling good about yourself. So put your insecurities on hold and own it.
The other 50% is #MakingMoves on the health front.
- Drink lots of water. Duh. Flush out your system and de-bloat.
- Eat something before you go out and drink. Cut out processed sugar and salt and cut down on your carb intake for the day or day before.
- WORKOUT! Workout the day of and the night before you’re going out. You’ll get some quick muscle tone. It helps with the first 50% we were talking about before too.
- If you’re going to drink, the above will help you the next day too if you’re feeling a little hungover.
- Don’t bar hop. The fashionably late thing is a bad look and the city will be nightmarish (pun intended!) Go somewhere comfortable and make the best between one or two places. Enjoying yourself is healthy for the mind!
If you don’t read anything else, read this:
- Don’t drink & drive. Cab it. Uber it. Or, kick it old school and get a DD (Designated Driver)
- Don’t be lame. Have fun and do something festive. (Even if you’re just watching Halloween movies and giving out candy)
- READ THIS POST: Why You Shouldn’t Pick Up The Halloween Slut – I’m still crying, from laughing. It also will be featured in a book I’ll write one day, as I’m jealous I didn’t write these wise words.
Spoiler Alert from the article: “A rule of thumb: You get what you see. A generic costume gets worn by a generic girl. That’s true whether you’re looking for a girlfriend type on Halloween (bad idea) or just the Halloween hookup.”