Sup Peoples, Summer is here and I wanted to help spread some smiles and get everyone excited for it by listing the top things I’m grateful for and/looking forward to in the next few months.
1. The Sun – Hands down the most exciting part of the summer because it leads the way and opens the door for the rest of my “thankfuls”
2. Summer Schedules – Friends and friends of friends always seem to have a more flexible schedule leaving more room for fun outdoors or, simply more time with just the homies.
3. The inevitable tan that will come on the day they said it would be “overcast.” I love that when the sun ends up beaming down on your face leaving you with the “I didn’t know it was gonna be this nice out” face. Good luck with that one!
4. Food – Since I’m no stranger to food I always find that I’m interested in different foods during the summer months such as: salads, fruits, juices and other lighter foods. And of course, let’s not forget the cookouts! #YeaBuddy
5. Pools – That’s right I didn’t say water I said pools… I don’t like the ocean. I know I know. The salt kills me and I like to actually swim in water not just float and endlessly avoid waves. If you think that’s bad you won’t even get me to a beach w/o proper beach games such as Frisbee, soccer or my favorite: volleyball! Easily the most fun ever! But, if you think Kupah James is gonna sit still and read a book for three hours in the sun you would be mistaken. I may as well be watching baseball (equally as boring) s/o to Bang #NewHomie.
6. BIKINI’S, BIKINI’S, BIKINI’S, BIKINI’S, BIKINI’S, BIKINI’S! #NuffSaid
7. Frozen Drinks – Not much explanation needed other than, what is better than a Strawberry Daiquiri, Mudslide or a Piña Colada on the steamiest of days or by a pool somewhere!? And speaking of drinking how ‘bout
7a. DAY-DRINKING s/o to my Cuzo #Xavier (King of Day Drinking). You wake up, it’s your day off, you call a friend, it’s their day off too, you’re both hungry and the words “Can I start you off with something to drink”, all of the sudden sounds like having a gun to your head where it would just be wrong not to go with it, and order a freshly made alcoholic beverage. Next thing you know, you’re out of your mind hammered and it’s like 1:30pm….. #Hilarious #LTD… #LOL
8. Patios – There are so many great places with patios that I cannot list them but here are a few of my favorites: The seaport has a bunch of places, Marina Bay as well, and then there’s all of Newbury Street, North End, Back Bay (Liberty Hotel) and my favorite Monday night spot at #MiniBar. Although if you want to check out the best new spot it would definitely be #Emerald just opened up last week and is Bomb (says Me!)
9. Family/Gatherings – Whether it’s spending time with the family during gatherings or visiting family in other locations, both can be a lot of fun! You can be catching up on activities and joking about past gatherings or sharing inside jokes only your family has (and we all have them.)Want proof? Think of the last time where you had to explain to a guest why everyone laughs hysterically whenever someone says “El Culo Cagao” after anyone blurts out “I got it”….? Exactly. If you just got lost ask a Spanish person.
10. Summer – It’s the Summer list that could go on forever but it shouldn’t be because you would be reading too much and not enjoying your Summer! We only get 3…3.5 months out of the year, so get out there and enjoy any one of these things on the list, make the most of the beautiful weather and enjoy each second because we only get one Summer a year! I hope to see each and every one of you who reads this, and please feel free to add to this list in “Comments”.
#MakesMoves Follow Me @KupahJames share my blog with friends!