As I mentioned in last weeks’ post Fall is the perfect time to refocus your fitness routine; start a new one or recharge an old one! Here are some of my favorite ways to get out of a slump or kick it up a notch!
1. Increase cardio as a slower season approaches! This is really important!! In the Summer you’re always gaining some extra physical activity by walking outside, swimming and staying out and about longer with the sun. Once Fall and Winter approach it gets colder and darker and we all tend to stay indoors, do less and watch “just one more TV show” than usual. SO, Increase that cardio and watch TV from a treadmill or elliptical – you can do it!
2. Lower your weight just a tad but increasing your reps. Maybe even add a set as well!
3. Maintain your water intake and servings of fruit.
4. It’s also a good time to change machines (if you tend to use the same one.)
5. The body needs change every 3-4 months so you can change the order of your workouts, time of your workouts or order of each exercise.
6. Try a new class. Group exercise is one of the best ways to have fun and not think about working out.
7. Create a new music playlist: music will help with motivation and light a new fire to your work outs.
8. Try to increase your time by adding even one extra set of a different type of exercise. Adding a quick Abs, Cardio, or Cross fit activity is great as the extra cherry on top. Just 10-15 extra minutes will do.
9. Bring a friend, especially for ladies who don’t want to be bothered at the gym by the creepy guys. We are less likely to approach you in groups of two or more. But there may always be THAT GUY so heads up.
10. Sign up for a race! Talk about motivation!? October is Breast Cancer awareness month and there are a variety of walks and runs throughout the month. Exercise AND raising money for charity = WIN! Here is just one race coming up in Boston!
What’s your exercise workout schedule look like? What’s your favorite routine?
New Season means NEW! So try something else, you might actually like it.