The season for new flings and summer romances is almost upon us so I thought I would spare you your next EX by explaining how the next dating process should go starting with the first date, (I’m assuming the guy has already text, emailed, stalked your Facebook and called at least once!?)
The first date isn’t a first date at all and it’s important that both parties know this going into it. The first date is actually the first interview, which if it goes well, leads to an actual first date. If I’ve already lost you then move on with your day because this will be over your head completely. #NoFilter
So, on this first interview, which should lead to a first date, there are things that both parties need to do/understand if they want anything to go any further.
•Offer to pick her up
– Even though in today’s world this is seen as creepy and females are too afraid of the stalking type to allow this anymore (go figure) think of a neutral place where you can both meet and take one car from there. After all fellas you do care about the environment so taking one car is safer for the planet right (Points?)
– Still a nice touch but, no red anything because to a female who doesn’t know you, a red flower at the first interview is a RED FLAG.
– Not too dressed up, not too dressed down. Lose the polo this isn’t golf. No ties, or dress shoes either; that’s for the third date (when you raise the bar)
•Give her options on venue
– But know where you want to go!! I’m positive she will say “whatever you want” which is a trick question. For some women, this is also a test as to a man who can make his own decisions. An indecisive man is doomed to the friend zone.
•Be on time
– If you’re supposed to be done getting ready at 7 and 730 comes around, we are back on our couch playing video games or have moved onto the “Default”
I know you’re wondering what the default is and it’s easy… The default is the person that’s always down to chill, so when you call, they are always available and willing to go out and do anything. I mean you can’t expect us to get all dressed up and go nowhere can you?
– It makes everyone nervous and can stall conversation. You won’t figure out the true measure of someone through bullet points either. You can learn a lot from the flow of conversation and even how they talk about things that shows their views, likes and dislikes.
•Easy on the make-up
We don’t want to date a porcelain doll and wake up next to Raggedy Ann (Wretched)
•Help decide the venue
– Guys are simple creatures, they either won’t come up with something to live up to your expectations or they’ll fall back on their comfort place where they hang with the guys which more than likely won’t be your idea of a good time. Be prepared to make at least 2 suggestions, one an activity and one a restaurant; this will also help figure out what type of guy he is for the future (hates mini golf, allergic to seafood, etc)
Once you have gotten to the actual interview this is where you need to BE YOURSELF! You have nothing to lose and you’ll only waste everyone’s time. You could turn the other person off by behaving a certain way and it’s not even the real you. Also, and this is very important, don’t expect the person to change miraculously into a different person 6 months later if it gets that far. Show and tell the person who you are and if it pans out to a real date and into dating someone will end up disappointed, angry or resentful when your true colors come out!
Last year I wrote a post about day dating ideas at the start of spring, so if you make it past the interview, check it out for some ideas!
And, as always, share YOURS! What are your suggestions for guys/girls going into the first
date interview? What are some good first date interview ideas that have worked for you?
Until next time,