I look around and I continue to engage in conversations with others about the dangers of risks or financial security. These things have been personified as if they were actual living creatures underneath our beds at night whispering in our ears “Don’t Do It”, “It’s too hard”, “You’re not good enough”. Ugh NO!
All I have to say is.. let’s get to the point on this one.
- It’s a Lonely Road Untraveled. This means there’s no hand book, so stop looking around for one. Your friends and close ones aren’t gonna have all of the answers so do not blame them nor should you lean on them for what you need to figure out.
- It’s Uncharted Territory. This is the best thing about taking a new approach to life. It means you get to write your own story and be your own director. Isn’t that was life was meant to be?
- Freedom. I see no freedom or job security behind corporate contracts or 10 year tenure. It all sounds like boundaries and threats. Can and cannots, Red and Yellow tapes, procedures and policies… Are you yawning yet? Moving right along.
- This freedom will scare you at times. Hire an accountant, keep counsel with people you trust and keep doing your thing..
- You can have it all but you cannot have ALL of IT – meaning you can reach for the stars and you just might collect one or two but you will not get there with everyone you started your journey with. I have unfortunately felt the sting of this and it HURTS. You will find new support and have to build a new team.
- You’ll start meeting more people who #MakeMoves like you! There will be other dreamers, believers and creators to keep you company.
- Nothing is immediate. There are no short sprints in this marathon only bumps and small victories which you will have to learn how to collect along the way and make them mean as much as they can in the moment while trucking along to the next one. Patience…..
- There will be Critics. Critics are a necessity and if you utilize critics in the right situation ((handling critics)) you will know just what to do with outside interference.
- Sacrifices will be made. Some will be rewarding and some will cause immense pain. What’s worse is that you may not know the outcome of a decision/sacrifice until further down this rabbit hole so “buck up,” stand tall and withstand whatever comes your way until the dust settles. Sometimes though you’ll just feel relief
- “It can’t rain all the time” (For you Sami). And it won’t. When it rains, it pours and when it stops rainbows follow, so weather the storm and take what it gives you. Strength, Resilience, Perseverance and a thicker skin.
- If they are not riding with you then they are simply not RIDING. Pull over and let them out nicely. If they are reluctant to get off then take the necessary measures. It’s hard enough traveling a road upwards with an RV on empty carrying too much of everyone’s baggage, egos, insecurities and doubts….. (Deep Breath) You don’t need anything extra making the trip more difficult than it already is. Besides you gotta have room for the ones you WILL meet along the way.
- Turn your fears into your strengths. Accurately assess yourself in a mirror and turn whatever you don’t like about yourself into the thing you love about yourself. I am a shy person and afraid of meeting women or speaking in front of large groups of people. This is FACT. So what do I do for a living? I now am a Motivational Speaker, Group Exercise Instructor and a Well Known Dj/Emcee. I haven’t addressed the meeting women thing however it hasn’t really negatively affected my social life thus far. But I’m working on it!
Some things to consider:
There will be some days that will trip you up.
When that happens, get inspired:
And let go of every excuse.