I would consider myself a pretty big movie fan. I don’t really discriminate with movies, if something new comes out, I see it. Something comes out on Bluray that I wanted to see or liked, I buy it (then to download the digital copy because, let’s face it, that’s the future people.) I go to the movies every Friday morning/afternoon. My Cuzo would tell you that I have bad taste in movies (and I would say he has some interesting taste himself cough * Ninja Assassin * cough.) I just think I’ll see a movie because some movies that never received much praise have ended up being classics over time. It doesn’t mean I LIKE every movie that I see, but I’m open minded.
Rant over. Basically in watching a number of movies I started noticing the small jobs some characters have that have got to be the worst and then some behind the scenes, working on the movie jobs, that have also got to be the worst. Who knows maybe a movie is a movie and it’s all great?! But, I figured I’d do a top ten of the worst seeming jobs in or on movies.
10. Evil henchman
9. Stunt double – All guts, no glory
8. Evil Henchman stunt double
7. Waiter/Waitress – They’re usually struggling, picked on, victims of a robbery or someone skipping out on a bill (think Pulp Fiction)
6. Convenience clerk/Cashier
5. The people who have to make all of an actors/actresses dressing room demands happen
4. The people that have to hold cue cards
3. The guy in charge of the clapboard on Stanley Kubrick films— (Anyone besides my roomie get this one LOL?!)
2. Whoever types all of the thank yous/location info/nonsense at the end of movie credits
1. Playing the president of the USA – I know you all must be thinking I’m crazy, but let’s face it.. Whenever there’s a movie with the president earth is being attacked by asteroids, aliens, end of time, someone is trying to assassinate them, or they’re made fun of – Not exactly a fun role in my opinion.
What are some of the worst seeming jobs in or on movies in YOUR opinions!? Thanks for reading, hope you all have a safe and fun weekend. #MakeMoves