I realize that it’s an exciting time of the year again and there are tons of emotions, thoughts & feelings surrounding the holidays. I felt that rather than write my thoughts about the holidays or it’s season, I would write about something that relates.
There are so many things going on today that it is very easy to forget what is really important. I am not the one to tell you what is and what isn’t, however I am the guy that will proceed to share with you how I evaluate importance.
1) Don’t sweat the small stuff, and it’s all small stuff.
2) Say what you mean and mean what you say because those that matter, won’t mind and those that mind, don’t matter.
3) Believe in your own ability to have an opinion but, be open to listening to others’ thoughts without jumping ship from your own beliefs. We are all different and have different experiences.
4) Ask for help; that’s why we have friends and contacts! Thinking you can do everything yourself is naive in this day and age so pull over and ask someone for directions, save time.
5) When upset know when to table things and know when to bring them up. There are plenty of people complaining every single day. Are you one of them or the other kind that just tables it for later, if necessary, and keeps on making moves?
6) Sleep it off, whatever it is… Sick, upset, tired, achy, depressed, irritated… Doesn’t matter! Sleep it off. Take a nap, wake up and if you’re not feeling better then address it.
7) Say “Hi!” There are 80 different ways to communicate yet we never seem to get it right. How’s this possible?
8. This is very important! If you have something nice to say to a person, SAY IT. Stop assuming they “already know.” The problem is that everyone may think the very same thing and guess what, no one says it. Take responsibility for your thoughts and speak! I promise you your kind words will not go unnoticed.
9) Gossip, Twitter Terrorists, Rumors, Hearsay, Facebook are the end of the world and its Privacy! Yes there are filters and safety features but here is an idea…. DON’T PUT IT UP. Seriously! And for those who live and swear by getting your facts from FaceBook and Twitter, get a life… #NuffSaid.
10) To me the most important thing to round out this list, and please keep in mind that these are just what popped in my head while blogging, it is YOU! All You. You You You. Never forget there is a You and You cannot take care of anyone or anything if You haven’t first taken care of You.
All in all enjoy the following photo. This guy is kind of a big deal and I read this once a day to remind myself of the things that matter and especially of the things that don’t.
Talk to you soon! Always #MakeMoves not noise…